​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

About Us

Our Mission

We, the worship community of St. Clement and Holy Name of Jesus Catholic parishes, called by God through Baptism, nourished by the celebration of the Eucharist, and inspired by the Holy Spirit, are committed to proclaiming the Good News. Our mission is to be faithful to the examples and teachings of Jesus Christ by sharing God’s love and mercy, through service, education, and hospitality.

  • Parish Leadership

    Meet Holy Name's and St. Clement's diverse and helpful parish leadership.

    Learn more

  • The Sacraments

    Learn more about our parishes' role in your marriage, baptism, or confirmation.

    Learn more

  • Catholicsm FAQ

    Have questions about the Catholic faith? We have answers.

    Learn more

  • Milwaukee Archdiocese

    Find a Catholic Mass, parish or school in southeast Wisconsin.

    Learn more

  • Calvary Cemetery

    Owned and operated by Holy Name of Jesus, St. Clement and St. Dominic Parishes in Sheboygan.

    Learn more

  • USCCB

    The history, how to get involved, and more about United States Conference of Catholic Bishops.

    Learn more

Parish History

Holy Name of Jesus Catholic Parish started on August 24th 1845 when Father Casper Rehrl and ten Catholic families gathered around the dining room table of Alban Kent that served as the altar of prayer. By 1862 the parish had constructed a small wooden church dedicated to St. Mary Magdalene and was served by Father Michael Haider. While serving St. Mary Magdalene Parish, Father Haider drew up plans for a church that's grandeur and beauty surpassed any churches of the area at the time. Despite initial public protests, construction on the church began. On November 10th, 1872 - after ten years of intense labor and dedication - Bishop Henni blessed the newly completed church under the patronage of Holy Name of Jesus.

Sheboygan's Catholic community continued to grow. In 1912, Father Francis Murphy, a curate of St. John's Cathedral Parish in Milwaukee visited Sheboygan at the request of the community to evaluate the need for an English speaking parish. On March 29th 1914, Father Murphy was authorized the funding necessary to build the Church now known as St. Clement.
See Our Full History

Parishes Gallery